Pages

24 March 2011

Fruit Tacos

Scott has been working LONG tax season hours.  So at least four nights a week it's just me and the kiddos at the dinner table.  I get weary of cooking for the ungrateful, so some nights I give it to something I know will receive rave reviews from all.  This is our new favorite "brinner" (breakfast for dinner) food...
Fruit Tacos

Make really thin pancakes, probably like a crepe although I have never made one of those.  I add an extra egg and extra 1/4 C skim milk to my regular pancakes.  I also add a tablespoon of flax seed.  Lightly butter and sugar the pancakes right when they come off the griddle.
Chop strawberries, blackberries, blueberries (whatever you love!) and fill your "taco".
A fun new way to eat breakfast for dinner!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

LOVE it!!! I will do it soon . .. I totally get the "ungrateful" part . . .

laila said...

lol! I cook for the ungrateful most nights! Love this idea .. we do breakfast for dinner ever wednesday, no matter what .. I will add this to the rotation!