Pages

21 March 2011

Must Have Monday

Some afternoons I am just dragging.... and craving a fun drink from Starbucks!  However, since the closest one is 15 minutes away and those trips can get costly, I love making my own Iced Coffees at home.
You can get one of these shakers almost anywhere.  Mine came from Target and it has markings on the side for other "drink recipes" (although I would not  recommend those drinks at 2:00 in the afternoon!).
Fill about a third of the way with ice.  Then add creamer and/or milk.  I like about T. of french vanilla creamer just for a bit of sweetness and then a few more T. of skim milk.
Fill the rest of the way with your left over coffee from the morning.  Shake.
I like mine in this "Starbucks knock-off" cup that I found at BB&Beyond for $5.
Enjoy!  I promise it will get you through the afternoon.  Although for the next 5 Mondays I will be getting mine for FREE because I got this sweet Dunkin Donuts coupon in the mail!

1 comment:

laila said...

love this! my dr just told me I don't need diet coke more than once a year, much less once a day .. really? but she did say I can have plenty of coffee (3 cups!) so, this works for me!!