Pages

23 May 2011

Must Have Monday

Any family of five has moutains of laundry each week!  Throw in 3 sports going on at one time and it can become quite overwhelming.  I have tried several methods - a load a day, 3 to 4 loads every few days, etc...  Since our laundry room is also the main entrance our family uses to the house (and the location of coats, shoes, bookbags, etc...), having laundry in there constantly drives me CRAZY because there is just not room.

So for me, it works best to do 24 hours of non-stop laundry to get it out of the way.  That is not to say that I don't do the occasional load in between; however, it's not that much and it doesn't sit in there taking up space.  So every Sunday night the laundry gets sorted... but NOT BY ME!  Because to make this work, my "must have" is three little laundry sorters.  And I start them just shy of 2 years old - as soon as they can identify the color white!
Now at 3 1/2, Owen can successfully sort darks, mediums, and whites with 85% acurracy!  He loves doing it!  We use to make it a game - laundry basketball - and he would stand on the bed and shoot the underwear into the approriate basket.  However, now he is just happy to do his part.  Makenna & Ella have been well-trained for years:)

Thanks to the delay cycle on my washer (brilliant!) I manage to get 7 to 8 loads washed and folded and put away by bedtime on Monday night.  Did I mention that my sorters also put away their own clothes too

No comments: